Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multimode, multidevice and multi GUI patent...
Apple files Multi-functional hand-held device patent application
September 7, 2006 -

On September 7, the US Patent & Trademark Office published Apple’s patent application titled “Multi-functional hand-held device” originally filed in March 2006.

[Image: mainimage2_1.jpg]

In light of Apple’s September 12th “Showtime media event“ this patent holds the potential of providing us with valuable insights into a new iPod and/or other hand-held device which could debut on Tuesday. Telephony is covered in this patent. However, the unique aspect of this chameleon style unit, is that it holds the potential of changing UI. The patent notes:

“Before a particular device functionality can be used, it typically must be selected for use. The selection can come in a variety of forms. For example, the selection may be made via a main menu that includes soft buttons or icons that, when selected, activate the device functionality associated with the soft button. During activation, the GUI for that particular device is brought into view on the display (see FIGS. 9-17 - below) and the software associated with the device is installed, loaded or activated. From that point on, the multi-functional device operates like the selected device.

This powerful patent covers the following topics: Touch Screen, Touch Sensitive Housing, Display Actuator, Multi-Functionality, Form Factor, One-Handed vs. Two-Handed Operation, Footprint/Size, Full Screen Display, Limited Number of Mechanical Actuators, Adaptability, GUI Based on Functionality, Switching Between Devices (GUI), Operating at Least Two Functionalities Simultaneously, Configurable GUI (User Preferences), Input Devices, Pressure or Force Sensing Devices, Force Sensitive Housing, Motion Actuated Input Device, Mechanical Actuators, Microphone, Image Sensor, Touch Gestures, 3-D Spatial Gestures, Perform Action Based on Multiple Inputs, Differentiating Between Light and Hard Touches, Example of a New Touch Vocabulary, Speaker, Audio/Tactile Feedback Devices, Communication Devices (wired & wireless) and Change UI Based on Received Communication Signals.
[Image: upsto_060907_9thru13.gif] [Image: upsto_060907_18.gif]
[Image: upsto_060907_28.gif][Image: upsto_060907_14thru17.gif]

aos interessados... ler a noticia completa em Macnn :fixe::noworry:
..................................................................................................................
I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant....Sleepy
.................................................................................................................
deram outro nome ao PDA lol